CP names

From: Peter Cole (carnivor@flytrap.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun Feb 02 1997 - 04:07:00 PST

Date: Sun, 02 Feb 1997 12:07:00 GMT
From: Peter Cole <carnivor@flytrap.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CP names

   Just a note to let anyone know who's interested that I have compiled a
file of common names of CPs - all I could find in several languages,
covering 80 spp. or so I guess. I plan to build on it as I find more, but
in the meantime check it out on my home page - link "Compendium of Common
Names..."
If anyone knows the German, French or any other language versions of any of
the names, or any additional English names, please feel free to Email me.
Any references citing usage appreciated, and I'm trying to keep it confined
to names in usage, past or present, (not necessarily common though,) so
direct translations of eg: "the shining sundew" into other languages aren't
useful unless they are ever referred to in that form.
Particularly I remember someone mentioning a lot of Malay? names for
Nepenthes spp. (or did I read it in a book...) If anyone can point me in the
right direction for these, I'd be grateful.

       Happy growing,

                   Peter

snail:Peter Cole,17 Wimmerfield Cr. :: mailto:carnivor@flytrap.demon.co.uk
    Killay, SWANSEA SA27BU,WALES,UK :: http://www.flytrap.demon.co.uk/
  vox:+44 1792 205214 :: Carnivorous plants & seeds for sale