Re: CP Stamps

From: L235@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 03 1997 - 17:14:43 PST

Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 20:14:43 -0500 (EST)
From: L235@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: CP Stamps

Tan Wee Kiat writes:

>A few days back I posted a note asking which
>countries had produced CP stamps,besides the
>stamps of N. sanguinea, lowii, macfaralanei
>and rajah produced by Malaysia. Two CP'ers
>kindly responded. ... Are there really no
>stamps at all of other CPs (Venus flytrap,
>Drosera, Cephalotus, Heliamphora, etc)?

An additional source .... (and I have a more complete list
somewhere, just have to go dig it up ... anyone else attend
Mike Szeze's presentation on CP collectibles at the
last Eastern CP Convention and have access to the list?

The United Nations Postal Administration (UNPA)
issued last summer, as part of its Endangered
Species collection, stamps of Cephalotus follicularis (.32 c US)
and Darlingtonia californica. (.80 Francs, I believe)

They also published a very nice folio for the entire collection, with
an interesting error. For the full-page picture accompanying
the description of D. californica, they printed a photo of a very nice clump
of S minor...

You can order via UNPA, United Nations
New York, NY 10017. (They also have
a web page (point your browser to UNPA)
and you can order online, if they're still
available.

Jay Lechtman, L235@aol.com

(for those of us who collect more than CP, the other
stamps in the collection include: Masdevallia veitchiana,
Carnegiea gigantea, Encephalartos horridus, Paphiopedilum delenatii,
Pachypodium baronii, Sternbergia lutea, Cypripedium calceolus.
Aztekium ritteri, Euphorbia cremersii and Dracula bella.