P.agnata?

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Thu Feb 06 1997 - 16:22:00 PST

Date:    Thu, 06 Feb 97 19:22 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: P.agnata?

Hi List & Jan,

   I have a clone of P.agnata from CA Carnivores and a clone of
that plant which may be part of P.agnata (I can't remember the
spelling but it started with an "a"). Anyway, P.agnata has flat leaves
or at least the edges are not curled upward, unlike most Ping
leaves. The latter plant differs in that there is a curl at the
leaf edge and both sides of the leaves have traps. While they
does look similar at first glance, these two striking differences
indicate they are not the same species. Both plants are growing
fast, but the "a" plant is growing faster. Could it be a hybrid
involving P.agnata or has this been ruled out? Hopefully, "a"
will flower soon, but I think the P.agnata will wait for another
year, yet.

   BTW, what is P.acension? I didn't see this on your list but
it is growing erect... (it looks a bit like P.agnata too)

Dave Evans