re: Carnivorous Fungi

From: Ken Cusson (ken@mail3.casadyg.com)
Date: Mon Feb 10 1997 - 09:13:14 PST

Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 17:13:14 +0000
From: Ken Cusson <ken@mail3.casadyg.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re: Carnivorous Fungi

Just a couple of further references if anyone is still interested in this
rather =B3off-beat=B2 subject:

Lloyd, in his book =B3Carnivorous Plants,=B2 gives a chapter to these little
guys. He also has a few drawings. Interestingly, he mentions that the fungi
is commonly found on =B3fecal matter.=B2 If this is true, I am not sure I would
want to grow this stuff! ..

CF is also mentioned in Slacks, =B3Insect-Eating Plants & How to Grow Them=B2
(Out-of-Print). He goes into considerable (gory) detail as to how the plant
catches and lives off the nematodes. Of all the plants that actually use
insects for nutrition, this one actually sounds cruel!

Just my .02 on the odd subject ...

Ken Cusson, Secretary/Treasurer
I.C.P.S.