IMPORTANT! ICPS VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!

From: L235@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 16 1997 - 13:20:27 PST

Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 16:20:27 -0500 (EST)
From: L235@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: IMPORTANT! ICPS VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!

The International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS)
 is in the process of developing an Educational Resource
Network to respond to the following queries frequently
received by the society:

basic information (growing tips, dealers, etc.)
school presentations/demonstrations
help with science fair projects
possible donations of plants, seeds, etc.

I would like to compile a list of volunteers willing to help with the
above types of requests for their localities, world-wide.

The network of volunteers will then be posted on the Rick Walker's
CP home page, and distributed by mail to those who request such information
from the society.

I'm very excited about this project, as it will (hopefully) provide
CP enthusiasts and experts with greater exposure in their respective
communities, and at the same time, facilitate the broadest-possible
dissemination of information to the communities at large.

Want to help cultivate the next generation of CP growers, conservationists,
et al?

Please voluteer!

If interested, please drop me an e-mail with your name, e-mail address,
postal address and local telephone number(s) and the best times to call (and
not to call). Also, please try to be specific as to what responsibilities you
might be willing to assume. (i.e. I would love to give school presentations
and have several thousand D. capensis seedlings to donate .. please!)

I will be coordinating this effort, so please e-mail all additions (and
deletions) to the list to me directly.

If you have any questions regarding this as well, please let me know,
and most of all, thank you in advance!

Jay Lechtman, ICPS Vice President
(L235@aol.com)