Re: Feeding CP

From: -Tom- (tkhayes@pennet.net)
Date: Thu Feb 27 1997 - 05:25:05 PST

Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 13:25:05 GMT
From: -Tom- <tkhayes@pennet.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Feeding CP

Dear all,

>friend introduced me to (Thanks Eric) is to feed them pollen. You can
>purchase it at your local health shop and it is pure protein and not a
>fertilizer. I've found quite good results with the Helies so far

This pollen thing sounds neat except for those of us who have allergies.
(fortunately I don't belong to that crowd yet!)

Since I grow a lot of my plants in terrariums and I don't feel like catching
insects all year, I still swear by the simple method of using fish food.
For the really small plants just use the powder used to feed fish fry. I
have tried all sorts of fish foods and the pellets and tablets are
frequently more than a plant "can chew" at one sitting, so I have concluded
that I will just stick to the flakes. It all started 5 yrs ago. A plant
of D. capensis was sitting next to my fish tank and I got sloppy feeding the
fish.... I just never thought of it before, but it closed around the flake
just as if it were a bug and that idea got planted. I know this has been
discussed before, but this is for the new folks!

Take care & keep on growing,

-Tom-