Sarracenia feeding/CP feeding in general.

From: CP (cp@lateblight.bpp.msu.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 27 1997 - 17:03:56 PST

Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 20:03:56 -0500
From: CP <cp@lateblight.bpp.msu.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenia feeding/CP feeding in general.

I keep true chameleons as pets and have found a wonderful way of feeding
both my lizards and plants. Whenever I buy crickets it always happens
that 15% die. These dead ones go straight to my plants. The whole
insects to pitchers (Neps. or Sarrs.) the legs and misc. body parts to
Drosera. Also, alot of cricket shipments come with contaminating species
of insects (i.e. dermestid beetles) these also go to pitchers. Now with
the 100+ crickets I go through a week my CP are as happy as my
Chameleons.

On this note, many species of chameleon could live nicely with
Nepenthes. They'd help with insect problems for you greenhouse people!

--
Jeff Stein
35 Plant Biology Building