Mixed up Drosera

From: Ken Skau (Ken.Skau@UC.Edu)
Date: Wed Mar 05 1997 - 05:49:34 PST

Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 08:49:34 -0500
From: Ken Skau <Ken.Skau@UC.Edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Mixed up Drosera

Through a mixup in labeling of seeds I am currently growing D.
spathulata and D. capillaris, but I can't distinguish which is which.
 Can anyone offer any suggestions? Various books offer advice on how
to differentiate D. capillaris and D. rotundifolia, but I haven't
found anything that differentiates D. spathulata. Pictures in the
books that I have and on the web are not much help. The plants are
growing under lights and look very similar except for color. One
group of plants have a decided red coloration. One of the non-red
plants is just starting to flower, but I am not convinced that flower
coloration will differentiate species. Also, since only one plant is
flowering I cannot make comparisons. Any help would be appreciated.

Ken Skau
ken.skau@uc.edu