RE: aphids and ICPS subs

From: Oliver Gluch (Oliver.Gluch@t-online.de)
Date: Wed Mar 05 1997 - 07:32:45 PST

Date: Wed, 5 Mar 97 16:32 +0100
From: Oliver.Gluch@t-online.de (Oliver Gluch)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: aphids and ICPS subs

Hi Steve.

>Has any one else tried a spray containing
>pyrethrins? and what do other people use against aphids ? (chemical names
>rather than brand names would be helpful if outside the UK).

I use to treat my plants (Droseras and Pings) against aphid attack with Pirimor.
The active substance of this product is Pirimicarb. The product should
be available also in the UK. The insecticide is very specific only to aphids, so
it kills only few other insects. The way this insecticide works is either by
contact with the skin of the aphid or by intake of the active substance via air.
For the second possibility, temperature should be at least 15 C.
I never observed any plant loss due to the use of Pirimor.

Oliver

Oliver Gluch
Lindenallee 44
26122 Oldenburg