Indiana/Drosera

From: Lumraptor (lumraptr@indy.net)
Date: Sun Mar 09 1997 - 15:09:41 PST

Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 18:09:41 -0500 (EST)
From: Lumraptor <lumraptr@indy.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Indiana/Drosera

On Sun, 9 Mar 1997 cp@opus.hpl.hp.com wrote:

> Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 22:19:34 -0800
> From: "Carl Mazur" <cherryhillcp@freenet.hamilton.on.ca>
> To: <cp@opus.hpl.hp.com>
> Subject: Re: New member

Re: D.Anglica & D.Linearis

> Kevin,
> Both of these plants are hardy North american species, they certainly don't
> need a greenhouse. They'd be very happy on your balcony year round. They
> grow natively much more northern areas than Indianapolis :-)
> >
> > Sincerely,
> Best Regards,
>
> Carl J.Mazur

Carl,
  The trouble I had 20 years ago with my first endevor with CP is that
Indiana has too dry of a climate. It gets very hot in the summer with
sporadic humidity. There was not enough natural rain fall. I probably
killed many of the CP when I tried to save them from drought by watering
them with well water. In my current apartment situation, I don't believe
there is enough natural sunlight to raise drosera. Growing them
under flourecent lighting is out of the question- I like my CP to have
that nice healthy red color rather than the plain green they take on under
flourecence. Should I ever live in an apartment with a balcony with full
sun, I think I might try growing cp again.

-Kevin

 Life is light that shines in the Darkness"

       Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind