cp intro.

From: Robert Hood (CP-MAN@msn.com)
Date: Fri Mar 14 1997 - 12:42:49 PST

Date: Fri, 14 Mar 97 20:42:49 UT
From: "Robert Hood" <CP-MAN@msn.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: cp intro.

Hello to all,
I know I have written in a few times,but really gave no good intro.My name is
Bobby Hood and I grow cp.Right now I am also in the 6th grade ,like Eric and
am doing a science project on cp.I am almost complete with my project,I is not
do till the end of the month and in April with be judged at a science fair and
if I win the 6th grade science fair I go to the county won,but that is as far
as you could go in the 6th grade sci. fair.Well,anyway the cp I grow can be
seen at my webpage(just a list) it has no pictures because I don't have a
digital camera or a scanner and is small because I have not have much time to
work on it because my 90... page sci. fair report is taking up a lot of my
time.I am going to start cloning my plants this weekend and by sometime in the
summer will sell some to people who want some or will trade (only in the
U.S.A.).The easiest species for me to grow are N.coinnea,D. binta var.
dithcoma,D.binata,N.mirbilis (Thailand),P.planifolia,Cephlotus
follicularis,S.Leucophylla,S.rubra wherri,Darlintonia
Californica,P.moranensis,Dionea Musicpula,Akai Ryu V.F.T. I first got
interested in cp when I was 9,when I bought a vft seed from some place.I
didn't know how to take care of it so it never germinated and it was not
untill I was 11 till I found a place to buy another vft from and read on how
to take care of it then checked out every book on cp I could find at the
library and browesed web pages.So I learned there was other species other than
pitcher plants and vfts out there(I had bought the pitcher plant the same time
as the vft).The only hard part was how to obtain them.So I wrote to every cp
nursery I could get the address for and bought some and some more and some
more and I keep growing and purchasing them still and probaly always!I can't
wait to this summer when I sell cp to other people who are also interested in
this awesome topic.OBJECTIVE: get everyone possible interested in these plants
so they grow more and before you know it our world will be COVERED IN CP! :)

            Keep on growing and growing and growing,
             Bobby Hood