Re: Venus Fly Traps at Home Depot

From: herbyn@pipeline.com
Date: Sat Mar 15 1997 - 10:19:19 PST

Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 13:19:19 -0500
From: herbyn@pipeline.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Venus Fly Traps at Home Depot

>Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 00:46:17 -0500
>From: "Paul V. McCullough" <pvmcull@voicenet.com>
>To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
>Subject: Venus Fly Traps at Home Depot
>
>A few days back, someone mentioned a plethora of CP available at his local
>Home Depot store. Sounded like his local (Allentown?) had a great
>assortment- Drosera, Sarracenia, Nepenthes and Dionea! So I rushed over
>to my Home Depot after work to day, but alas, mine only had the VFTs. They
>were in the typical red 3" pot with the clear plastic cup on top. While
>the Traps were pretty big (and exceptionally red) the leaf supports (I
>know this isn't the right term... forgive me) were very short. The prices
>were around $3 a pop.

Really? this is news to me. I'm out in Los Angeles and i wasn't even
able to find VFTs (much less the other cp varieties) at my area Home
Depot... what gives? I know we are now coming out of dormancy and over
the next several weeks cps will be turning up at local nurseries and the
larger chain hardware/garden warehouses, but in los angeles, at least,
I've come up empty so far. Anyone out there know were i can turn?

Thanks in advance for any assistance...

herbyn@pipeline.com