Re: Re: Tuberous Drosera... Help!?

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Tue Mar 18 1997 - 16:15:00 PST

Date:    Tue, 18 Mar 97 19:15 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Re: Tuberous Drosera... Help!?

> From: Clarke Brunt <clarke@BRUNT.DEMON.CO.UK>
>
> Everything you said seemed sensible. I'd say the thing that is
> growing is a stem. If I've been late repotting some of my tuberous
> sundews, then they have sometimes already developed a stem making its
> way towards the surface. They are very fragile in this state. I'm not
> actually sure where the roots and subsequent tubers grow from

   I can't find any roots on the tuber Drosera I have. At least
not on the D.peltata and a couple others. All I can see are
leaves and stems. And the pseudo tubers (which are really just
leaves or stem anyway.) Where are the roots? Are they supposed
to have any???
   The "dropping" rhizome looks like it might be a good canidate
for use in asexual reproduction - Has anyone tried cutting some
up into sections and seen if they will grow? It should work:
just about *every* other Drosera can be reproduced using stem tissue...

Dave Evans