Re: Re: Outdoor Bogs/Copyrights

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Mon Mar 24 1997 - 19:36:00 PST

Date:    Mon, 24 Mar 97 22:36 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Re: Outdoor Bogs/Copyrights

> From: "Paul V. McCullough" <pvmcull@VOICENET.COM>
>
> I understand that these "bogs" usually consist of a water basin of
> some type and the plants actually planted in pots that sit in this basin
> so as to be able to make them mobile for winterizing. But where do you
> winterize them? I live in NJ; the summers are EXTREMELY humid, and the
> winters, while mild this year, can be extremely icy. For instance, s.
> leuco can't withstand frosts,

Your welcome to come over my place (just North of central NJ)
and see the S.leucophylla which grow there outside all year
long. The leucophylla looks really neat when there is about a
foot of snow and the upper portions of the pitchers are pocking
through. Actually, this winter was less friendly to the CP
since there was no protection from snow. The Pings don't look so
good...

> so I imagine that it could be placed in my
> garage. While the garage would be warmer (slightly) there would be no
> light... same for my crawlspace. I imagine s. leuco (and all winterized
> CP), even while dormant, always needs some light- right?

Not if they are kept below 40.~F.

> Now, here's the question: would I be infringing on some
> copyright (of Longwood's) by posting those pictures on my site?

No, they are your pics. Longwood can't copyright living things (yet)
but even if they did, you're only making copies of your photograph,
not the plants themselves. If it where a play or movie, then they
would have a case.

Dave Evans