USA - CP sale

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Tue Apr 01 1997 - 14:05:00 PST

Date:    Tue, 01 Apr 97 17:05 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: USA - CP sale

(Please send orders to t442119@rutadmin.rutgers.edu)

Hello All (please read this fully),

    Below are two lists of plants I'm selling for orders within the
USA only. The terms are simple. I guarantee the healthy arrival of
the plants via first class mail. If you want the order Expressed, it
will cost more to ship, but this should be unnessary anyway. There
is a $20 mininum order amount. All plants are easy for beginners.
    Some of the plants below are in very short supply, so I will
have to offer them on a first-come first-severed basis. Some orders
may be cancelled if they fall below the mininum order amount, so
you are *now* forwarned of this possiblity. *Please list alternates*
or you may be stuck into the "held" order list early.
    When nearly all the plants look to have orders to be assigned to,
I'll post a message saying the sale is closed and I will then be
working with the people on my customer and "held order" lists. As
some people will surely cancel or change their orders some, plants
may become available again, and customers and those originally "held"
orders may at that time have another shot at some plants again.
So please do not send flames until after the second round ends. ;-Q*
   Finally, orders will be confirmed and moneys send in; or "Held"
orders that can not be completed will become cancelled. The time
frame for this depends on how much interest is shown, the sale could
stay on for a couple weeks or just a couple days. Perhaps there will
be a later sale, but I will probably wait until next year before
trying this again.
    Do not send any money until the orders have been assigned *and*
confirmed. Payment by personal check or postal money order. Orders
payed by money order will go out on the following Monday. Check payed
orders will wait until Monday after check clears. I'll be sending
the plants on Mondays so they have no week-end wait in the mail.
    Shipping and handling are usaully $4 or 5 for the mininum order
with additional plants costing another $.50 each. This is flexible
though, and I may raise or lower the price to compansate for the
size (or lack of) for the plants you're buying.
    Plants are not guaranteed to be pest free.
    I reserve the right to send additional free plants. Even the
free plants may have additional free bugs too. ;) Seriously, these
plants do appear pest free and to be in very good health.

*** Orders sent anywhere besides: t442119@rutadmin.rutgers.edu, will
not be considered. Please do not send them to the list server.******

List 1: outdoor plants; unless noted there are many available.

Drosera prices are for three adult buds.

N) intermedia $6
O) * hybrida $4
P) filiformis $6

M) Pinguicula: only one adult P.grandiflora for $5 available.

Sarracenia: large adults sent bare rooted, in moss. Prices for
one large adult crown, but some orders may be sub-ed with more,
younger crowns. For example: one adult price could equal three
smaller crowns, but this mostly applies to the shorter flava.
Med size are still large enough to flower, BTW. If I have
location info, I will send it along with plant.

A) flava max height a little over two feet. $5

B) flava (Hampstead, NC) max height over three feet! $10, 4 avail.

C) leucophylla (w/ loc. info) $ 5 med
D " $10 large.

E) minor (southeast Georgia) max height over two feet. $5, 3 avail.

F) psittacina reg $5, 4 avail;
G) " large grower $8, 1 avail.

H) purpurea (NJPB Harry Wright Lake) very dark purple. $6, 3 avail.
I) purpurea venosa (Hampstead, NC) very compact, nice viens. $6, 3 avail.
J) " " var. burkei $5

K) rubra rubra nice color $5 for clump. 4 available.
L) " wherryi compact a very sturdy! $8, 5 available.