How wet to keep tuberous Drosera?

From: Richard Hyde (rah@netcom.com)
Date: Fri Apr 04 1997 - 15:36:07 PST

Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 15:36:07 -0800 (PST)
From: rah@netcom.com (Richard Hyde)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: How wet to keep tuberous Drosera?

Thank you to everyone who told me when and how to plant my new
tuberous Drosera! One last question, if you don't mind...

The tubers have begun to sprout, I've placed them in holes in
the potting mixture and filled the holes with pure sand.

I then placed the pots in about an inch of water to keep them
moist - However doubt has suddenly struck(!) Is this too much water
for what is really a desert plant? Or can I keep them this
wet until they begin to die back and then gradually dry them out?

(anxiously waiting for the first sprouts to break the surface...)

Thanks!

Rick