Further - lobes kicking the bucket

From: Richard Harris (k956847@crystal.king.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Apr 10 1997 - 04:23:19 PDT

Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 11:23:19 GMT0BST
From: Richard Harris <k956847@crystal.king.ac.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Further - lobes kicking the bucket

Hi All,

Someone who sent me a message below, suggested using vinegar, could
the people who have used vinegar please send me the ratios of vinegar
to water and also, this may sound silly but what type of vinegar does
a Venus Fly Trap like, partial to malt vinegar, or the clear
colourless stuff ?! :-)

> Some here have recommended diluting vinegar in water
> (can't remember the exact ratios, but someone on the list-serve
> probably knows) to re-acidify the soil. I've never tried that, and
> therefore don't have any clear recommendations in that regard.

Also, has the Fly trap 'hibernated' when it has been in a cold
north facing room, in the window, over the X-mas period?
If so may it want to go into a resting period, even though it is
spring?

Thanks for your attention
Richard