Re: Ibicella lutea

From: Clinton Morse - EEB Greenhouse Manager (EBGADM01@UCONNVM.UCONN.EDU)
Date: Fri Apr 11 1997 - 07:26:57 PDT

Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 11:26:57 -0300
From: Clinton Morse - EEB Greenhouse Manager <EBGADM01@UCONNVM.UCONN.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Ibicella lutea

At 07:32 AM 4/11/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 17:04:51 -0700
>From: Wim Leys <leyswi@lin.vlaanderen.be>
>Subject: Re: Ibicella lutea

>Do you know of a Web site where I can find photographs or descriptions
>of Ibicella lutea and / or Proboscidea louisianica ?

You can find some text info on Proboscidea louisianica on our greenhouse
website (URL below) the classification we use has this genus in the
Martyniaceae. We grow this annually in the EEB garden.

There is also a fine image archive at Univ. of Hawaii by Dr. Gerald Carr.
He has an image of P. louisianica but has it under Pedaliaceae (some
classifications roll Martyniaceae into Pedaliaceae)

http://www.botany.hawaii.edu/faculty/carr/pfamilies.htm

Enjoy..
Clinton Morse - Greenhouse Manager
75 North Eagleville Rd., Box U-42
University of Connecticut, Storrs CT 06269
E-Mail to: ebgadm01@uconnvm.uconn.edu
WWW Server(s):
  Greenhouse: http://florawww.eeb.uconn.edu/
  Rogaining: http://florawww.eeb.uconn.edu/rogaine/rogaine.htm