Re: fungus

From: Mars (mars@hacom.nl)
Date: Sat Apr 19 1997 - 17:59:22 PDT

Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 22:59:22 +-200
From: Mars <mars@hacom.nl>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: fungus

Van: dave evans[SMTP:T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU]

Close examination (with magnifying glass ;-) revealed the following:

The white stuff seems like a kind of web just above the soil at the base =
of the plant. I couldn't see any bugs causing it, which won't =
necessarily mean they aren't there. What attracted my attention was the =
damage to the pitchers. The edge of the pitchers was just above the soil =
splitted and had some kind of red color. Like some bug eating its way up =
just in the edge.

The "brown spots" on sarracenia and vft indeed look like damage of the =
earlier attack of bugs.

About the conditions in the terrarium, the lid I use has two holes =
permanently and two larger lids that can be opened. So there's always a =
few openings to the air outside. Inside I've a thermo/hygro meter. =
Temperature is between 17-22 degrees C and relative humidity varies =
between 45%-82%, depending on how far the lids are opened (and of course =
temperature). Most of the time the humidity is below 60% and I wonder if =
this is humid enough.

Marcel Jagt
mars@hacom.nl =
http://www.hacom.nl/~mars