Re: Skeletal Revision of Nepenthes

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Tue Apr 22 1997 - 16:19:00 PDT

Date:    Tue, 22 Apr 97 19:19 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Skeletal Revision of Nepenthes

> From: "Madeleine Groves" <M.Groves@LION.RBGKEW.ORG.UK>
>
> A Skeletal Revision of Nepenthes (Nepenthaceae) by M. Jebb & M.
> Cheek, to be published May 1997 in Blumea.
>
> 106 Pages treating the 85 taxa recognised in the world, of which 6
> newly described and illustrated. Keys to all species of Malesia.
> Introductory pages on ecology, taxonomy, phylogeny, etc. Index
> of species names. Based on collaborative work by both authors since
> 1984, largely on herbarium specimens, but including fieldwork in New
> Guinea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Madagascar.
>
> Blumea does not issue free reprints to authors, all have to be paid
> for because of the high cost (Dutch Guilders 21.20 per copy, i.e. 7
> pounds sterling or $11). The authors regret deeply that they will not
> be able to send out free reprints as usual, but request those who may
> wish to irrevocably commit themselves to buying a copy at this
> non-profit price to indicate by e-mail to S.Brodie@rbgkew.org.uk by
> Monday 14th April 1997 at the latest so that an order size may be
> estimated and placed with the publishers.

Hi List,

    I sent in an e-mail to the address listed, but have not heard
from them... What is Blumea? They usually get free copies? I
don't really understand what this is about (non-profit price???)
nor how to buy a copy. Also, I didn't read this mail until the
15th, so now what can I do to get a copy? Or even find out if I
want one? (Is it in Latin or English?)

Dave Evans