Re[2]: Superthrive 'clone'?

From: BREWER__CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
Date: Thu Apr 24 1997 - 07:37:22 PDT

Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 10:37:22 -0400
From: BREWER__CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re[2]: Superthrive 'clone'?

     Charley's Greenhouse Supply has Superthrive for sale as well as other
     neat toys. Catalog goes for about two bucks. For information on
     getting a catalog or advice, Call 1-800-322-4707. BTW, they also carry
     Benomyl,(fungicide) and Physan(Fungicide and algaecide control) worth
     the two dollars for sure.
                         Charles

Author: CMcdon0923@aol.com at smtp

I have been unable to locate Superthrive locally. But, I did see a "B1
Vitamin Plant Food" manufactured by Ortho Chemicals. Is anyone familiar with
this product? Looking at the label, it DOES contain some additional
substances (I think they were nitrates and potassium...not sure though). I'm
just curious as to whether this might be a possible substitute. I'm not
anxious to (possibly) sacrifice one of my plants to find out, though. If
necessary though, I do have one Nepenthes that has stopped growing (or doing
anything for that matter) which I guess I could test it on. Any comments
would be most appreciated.

Also, I spoke to the Garden Manager at the Allentown Home Depot store. She
aggreed to place an order for the 'mixed species' of CP, which I first posted
about last February (or around there). She will call me when the shipment
arrives. I'm hoping they get a diverse grouping! Anyone else interested?

BTW, the sole VFT they (Depot) still had, which Paul (?) mentioned was
placed in a terrarium with potting soil (!!), now has three flowers in full
bloom.

Craig McDonald