Putting a VFT into dormancy

From: Brian Cooley (cooley@golden.adams.net)
Date: Sat Apr 26 1997 - 07:37:03 PDT

Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 09:37:03 -0500
From: Brian Cooley <cooley@golden.adams.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Putting a VFT into dormancy

I was always under the impression that VFT's could last two or three
years without going dormant. But that then to save them they would have
to. I've had mine for less than a year and didn't put it into dormancy
this winter. I wanted to get a book that had some good instructions
before I tried it. Now it appears to be dying off. The leafs are kind
of spindly looking, the older traps died etc. I have it in a terrarium
with sphagnum moss as the growing media. It's fairly humid in the
terraria. Is it too late to make it dormant? What's the best way? Or
is it already lost? Thanks.