New member

From: Ignacio Rojo (rojohi@eucmax.sim.ucm.es)
Date: Mon Apr 28 1997 - 03:10:27 PDT

Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 12:10:27 +0200
From: Ignacio Rojo <rojohi@eucmax.sim.ucm.es>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: New member

Hi all of you,

        I am Ignacio Rojo Herguedas. I am a beginner in the field of CP
culture, however hopefully I am willing to learn more with your help.
        I am culturing Sarracenia, Drosera, Heliamphora and several
Nepenthes species. The problem is that I am not expertised on the culture of
those plants.
        Otherwise, I am working at the Dept. of Microbiology at the Faculty
of Biology in the University Complutense of Madrid (Spain). I am researching
on the enzymatic activities of the microorganisms-associated to CP
Sarracenia purpurea and of the other pitcher plants too.
        I am traying to elucidate the role played by the microorganisms in
the digestive process of the preys caught by the plants.
        Indeed, I am looking for samples of the pitcher liquor from
different places all around the World. You would become very important for
me. Do you want to send me samples of the liquor of your plants?
        If so, I will send of the material and protocol for a proper
sampling procedures. I will greatly appreciate your collaboration.

        Advices about culturing will be wellcome, particularly about soil,
humidity, temperature, handling-books with recipes and procedures.

        I could advise to you on my research if you request it.

        Thank you very much in advance,
        Best regards,

        Ignacio Rojo Herguedas