Re: Re: Nep Rajah cultivation

From: andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de
Date: Wed Apr 30 1997 - 02:26:05 PDT

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 09:26:05 +0000
From: andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Re: Nep Rajah cultivation

On 29 Apr 97 at 15:21, dave evans wrote:

> Hi Perry and Cindy,
>
> > > I am looking at adding a Nep. rajah to my collection
> > > Does anyone have any particular advice? Humid, not too warm?
> >
> > Unless you're into Nepenthes for the long haul, and have
> > a _lot_ of patience, and have a well-controlled growing
> > environment (greenhouse), my advice is:
>
> Well, I have a fast growing N.rajah that is sitting a zip-loc
> bag. It seems very easy too grow to me... I have had it for over
> six months and at first I put in with other highlanders, but it
> started to loose it's leaves. It was still growing but the number
> of leaves was decreasing! When it got down to about three leaves
> I transplanted it into a 4 inch pot and stuck in the zip-loc.
> After only four months in there, it has grown at least ten leaves.
> The newest leaf (not counting the tendril and pitcher) is three
> inches long.

While I agree that N. rajah is not too difficult to grow I doubt that
your plant really is a N. rajah. I never heared of a plant growing
that fast. I would call it slow but not too difficult.

Andreas

Andreas Wistuba; Mudauer Ring 227; 68259 Mannheim; Germany
Phone: +49-621-705471 / +49-621-7152027
Fax: +49-621-7152028
E-Mail: andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de
WWW: http://www.rhein-neckar.de/~carnivor/index.html