Cutting treatment

From: Sarver.Cindy V3I (sarver.cindy@ssdgwy.mdc.com)
Date: Thu May 01 1997 - 18:15:05 PDT

Date: 2 May 1997 09:15:05 U
From: "Sarver.Cindy V3I" <sarver.cindy@ssdgwy.mdc.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Cutting treatment

Hi everyone,
   Just thought I'd update you on my little experiment - there's been some
discussion of whether you should cut off the pitchers and part of the leaves to
reduce transpiration when rooting cuttings. So, having gotten a cutting
(thanks, Dave!) I decided to try one cutting with the pitchers cut off, and one
with the pitchers left on. I put them in exactly the same pots, with exactly
the same potting mixture, right next to each other. I've been watering them at
exactly the same time.
   Tragically, my cleaning lady left the door to my humid room open, and my cat
decided that it really would root better if ALL the pitchers were cut off... so
he trimmed them for me.
   Naturally, I thanked him profusely when I got home.
   He modestly said not to bother, then threw up the pitchers on my living room
floor.

   Alas, the answer to trim or not trim still eludes me...

        -cindy