Re: VFT

From: Ron Lane (rl7329@sprynet.com)
Date: Sat May 03 1997 - 05:50:24 PDT

Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 08:50:24 -0400
From: Ron Lane <rl7329@sprynet.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: VFT

At 06:15 AM 5/2/97 -0700, you wrote:

> The only problem that I have encountered is trying to get them to set
> seed. All plants flower fine. They just don't set seeds. Some of my
> VFTs are in flower now, maybe I'll get lucky this year. Hope this
> helps.
> Charles

I have also had some difficulty getting seed from the 'all red' VFTs,
although I did manage to get a few. The other thing I tried was using the
'all-red' pollen on some normal and dentate plants and vica-versa. I
planted the seed in the fall and I see a great assortment of all-red to all
green babies with many variations in-between. Some have incredibly red
traps under the fluorescent lights already when the traps are less than
1/8". Since my adult 'all-reds' don't color up all that well under
fluorescents - I'm very hopeful for what these plants will be outside.

Ron Lane
RL7329@sprynet.com
Central NJ, USA