problems

From: Robert Hood (CP-MAN@msn.com)
Date: Sat May 03 1997 - 08:02:53 PDT

Date: Sat, 3 May 97 15:02:53 UT
From: "Robert Hood" <CP-MAN@msn.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: problems

Hi,I have never expired the next problem till now.When my D. binata complex
starts producing the leaves that unravel and then the tentacles unravel well
for some some reason the put up there leaves but when the leaves are unraveled
the tentacles start to unravel also,but then turn black and die.Does anyone
have any advice?I am treating them same as I always do except this time the
tentacles will not unravel.Also, another problem,when my N. alata pitchers
form,after a fews days of opening their rims turn brown and so do there lids.I
liked the deep red rim color a lot better than this dying look.Does anyone
have any advice.I am sure going to be busy this weekend because I have repot
almost all my plants plants!Ahhhhh!They are all growing out of there pots and
so are the roots.My vft roots are growing 1/2 an inch a week.I will need a
very big pot for them.I have decided to build myself a greenhouse because
right now most of my plants are in my room and it looks like a jungle.My
Nepenthes tendrils are curling around anything they can find in my room ,there
growing up the walls.It is like a jungle.I think they are planning on
swallowing my room one day!!!!My room smells like sweet nectar.I can only
partially smell it because most of the year my allergies are so bad I can
hardly smell anything,but my parents can.At first I was really thinking of
buying a greenhouse from a company,but nobody just sells a frame with a clear
plastic sheet thrown over it.All I could find was these big fancy
glasshouses.After all I want to spend less $$ and get more room for my plants
then to spend a whole lot more $$$ and have less space.So I will get some
wood,make frame and tables and throw a big,clear ,plastic sheet over it.

              Happy cping,
               Robert Hood