Re:Re:Re:...Nepenthes rajah cultivation

From: Johannes Marabini (Johannes.Marabini@t-online.de)
Date: Mon May 05 1997 - 09:18:53 PDT

Date: Mon, 05 May 1997 18:18:53 +0200
From: Johannes.Marabini@t-online.de (Johannes Marabini)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:Re:Re:...Nepenthes rajah cultivation

Hallo all,

Perry wrote:
> Anyone who has mature plants of these species in cultivation
> are unknown to me (but then again, I don't know lots of
> growers). And they'll probably stay that way to protect
> what are surely very rare and valuable specimens.

Sorry for my delayed answer, but I was out for a while. Nepenthes rajah
is,
if you know how and if you live in the right area, easy to grow! If you
look at my homepage you will see a rajah-plant, 6 years old and grown
from invitro (got from Andreas Wistuba). Now the plant is 65 cm in
diameter and has fine pitchers (10 cm large) and is
growing phantastic! So I cannot follow Perry Malouf's opinion.

With "the right area" I mean, that you may not have too high summer
temperatures. The climatic conditions in Germany are good for
highlandspecies.

And I use a greenhouse, which is 1,5 m in(!) the earth. So I can hold
the following conditions:
The best way is: day-temperature 28deg.Celsius, at night 10
degr.Celsius, humity between 70 and 90% (not always fog, as the
plant-leafs like to dry). More Informations and photos you will find in
my
homepage!

--
Johannes Marabini