Re: Cope Town Muskeg Reserve

From: Carl Mazur (cherryhillcp@hwcn.org)
Date: Tue May 06 1997 - 16:29:59 PDT

Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 19:29:59 -0400
From: "Carl Mazur" <cherryhillcp@hwcn.org>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Cope Town Muskeg Reserve

Adwait,

Before you go boggin, please be cautioned. That property is managed by the
Nature Conservancy, and is private property. You need to call the
conservation authority to get permission. I've been in that bog, and as
far as CP go, you will indeed find S. purpurea ssp purpurea and D.
rotundifolia. The bog is a relic kettle bog, and surrounded by a 1-2 meter
deep and 2 to 3 meter across, moat. Certainly not easy to get across. If
you need a contact at the conservation authority let me know.

Best Regards,

Carl J.Mazur
Cherryhill Carnivorous Plants
Grimsby, ON Canada