D echinoblastus

From: Nigel Hurneyman (NHurneyman@softwar1.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon May 12 1997 - 04:42:13 PDT

Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 10:42:13 +-100
From: Nigel Hurneyman <NHurneyman@softwar1.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: D echinoblastus

Drosera echinoblastus flowered for me over the weekend. Knowing how
popular the orange-flowered pygmies are, this is nothing like the wishy-washy
"well I would call that Salmon Pink" Pulchellas, it is a genuine rich orange
colour, and quite a decent size too. In the UK it is about on a par with D callistos
for ease of cultivation, ie easier in my view than D leucoblasta, D platystigma and
D sewelliae.

D mannii is also flowering at the moment. Quite a large flower but an unexciting
pink. I think foliage and rarity must count higher than flowers as reasons for
cultivating this one.

Good Growing, NigelH