Re: help for my H. Minor

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Tue May 13 1997 - 15:15:00 PDT

Date:    Tue, 13 May 97 18:15 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: help for my H. Minor

> From: "kamikaze" <011114@HILLSTRATH.ON.CA>
>
> I just recently got a non-sterile H. Minor from a friend. Some of the
> roots broke in transit and the plant was a little dry when it
> arrived. I have placed it in a pot with a medium of 1:1:1
> sand:peat:live sphagnum. The plant is alive but seems unhappy.
> Any advise concerning Humidity and watering?

Heliamphora like very high humidity, bright light and at least cool/
cold nights. I just keep mine cool all the time. The rhizome
should be at soil level so that the bottom half is resting on the soil
and makes good contact with the surface. The top half needs to be able
to receive light; often the leaves shade it, but some light should still
get to it. You'll have to wait until all new leaves grow again for it
to look happy. Once a leaf is damaged, it stays damaged.

Dave Evans