Re: Tissue culture of Nepenthes ??

From: andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de
Date: Wed May 14 1997 - 02:06:42 PDT

Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 09:06:42 +0000
From: andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Tissue culture of Nepenthes ??

On 13 May 97 at 15:05, Tan Chee Kien wrote:

> Sorry to post this here, but I really have to inquire about this.
> Does anyone know about the time of 10% bleach soaking for Nepenthes seed to
> sterilise them ? I tried 15 minutes and the seeds turned white, with the
> embryo being greenish-yellow. Dead ?? Any help is appreciated.

No they are just fine. You can soak them up to 20 minutes in my
experience - maybe even longer.

Bye,

Andreas

Andreas Wistuba; Mudauer Ring 227; 68259 Mannheim; Germany
Phone: +49-621-705471 / +49-621-7152027
Fax: +49-621-7152028
E-Mail: andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de
WWW: http://www.rhein-neckar.de/~carnivor/index.html