Re: Tomatillo (Off Topic)

From: andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de
Date: Wed May 14 1997 - 13:38:51 PDT

Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 20:38:51 +0000
From: andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Tomatillo (Off Topic)

On 14 May 97 at 11:25, Nigel Hurneyman wrote:

> One of my tomatillo seedlings has got some buds on! Can anyone tell me
> what size pot I should grow it in, how I can tell when the fruit is ripe and
> whether I can eat it as is, or do I need to cook it (fried green tomatoes)?
> I am determined to eat at least one as a personal protest against burgeoning
> eurocracy.
>
> Apologies for this off-topic stuff but I don't have any American friends outside
> this listserver.
>
> NigelH

If you may someday have a few tomatillo seeds I'd be very interested.
When we visited Mexico last winter the green salsa served with
Enchiladas was my absolute favorite:-) This sauce is made using
tomatillos....

Bye,

Andreas

Andreas Wistuba; Mudauer Ring 227; 68259 Mannheim; Germany
Phone: +49-621-705471 / +49-621-7152027
Fax: +49-621-7152028
E-Mail: andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de
WWW: http://www.rhein-neckar.de/~carnivor/index.html