Re: [Fwd: xxx all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

From: Rick Walker (walker@cutter.hpl.hp.com)
Date: Wed May 14 1997 - 21:09:52 PDT

Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 21:09:52 -0700
From: Rick Walker <walker@cutter.hpl.hp.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: [Fwd: xxx all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

Dear Nigel,

> I may not be the first to complain, but the attached e-mail was
> delivered to all subscribers this evening.

It only went out to non DIGEST members. I was able to delete it from the
DIGEST feed before it went out.

> I was very angered and offended by the letter, and I am sure many
> other individuals feel the same. I hope this person will be permanently
> deleted from the forum; we do not need this kind of person in our
> newgroup.

In these situations, it is not clear that the message was actually sent
from the address in the From: line. It is quite easy to forge email.

The best policy is to ignore such messages. Unfortunately, there is a
tendency for such messages to set off a "firestorm" of discussion.

Let's not do it this time.

> On a much brighter note; enjoying the forum and have made many new
> contacts/friends. Thank you for this vehicle which made this possible!

Thank you for your kind words! By and large, our community here is filled
with very nice people!

--
Rick Walker