Re: Aldrovanda for sale

From: andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de
Date: Thu May 15 1997 - 12:20:46 PDT

Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 19:20:46 +0000
From: andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Aldrovanda for sale

On 15 May 97 at 10:11, ADAMEC@butbn.cas.cz wrote:

> Inst. Botany in Trebon, Czech Rep., offers adult Aldrovanda
> vesiculosa plants or turions (turions preferred) for sale for CP
> growers, scientific or Nature Conservation organizations, for
> (re)introduction activities. The plants from E Poland are cultivated
> outdoors. They will be sent by post mail. Price: 1 plant or turion: 8
> DM (or equivalent currency) + postage (10 DM); minimum sale: 20
> plants; over 100 plants: price 5 DM/plant. Cultivation instructions
> are included. Contact address: Lubomir Adamec, Inst. Botany, Dukelska
> 145, CZ-379 82 TREBON, Czech Republic; tel. 00420-333-721156; fax -
> 721136; E-mail adamec@butbn.cas.cz.

Has anybody in your institute tried growing Aldrovanda in vitro?
That's a point of my to-do list since years but I never had access to
seeds or turions. Turions might be a good source to start from.

Bye,

Andreas

Andreas Wistuba; Mudauer Ring 227; 68259 Mannheim; Germany
Phone: +49-621-705471 / +49-621-7152027
Fax: +49-621-7152028
E-Mail: andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de
WWW: http://www.rhein-neckar.de/~carnivor/index.html