Re: How lond does it take for seed?

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Thu May 15 1997 - 18:56:00 PDT

Date:    Thu, 15 May 97 21:56 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: How lond does it take for seed?

> After VFT flowers are cross polinated how long does it take for seed to
> delvope? 2nd how do you know if it took?

Hi Bill,

    A couple weeks sounds about right. I recall seeing some plants
just out of flower while some were already showing seed when I saw
them in the wild, so the wait can't be that long. The seed are small
(big for CP, though), black, round and very shiny. When ripe, the
top of the ovary becomes tissue-like, but even weaker and can tear
very easily. The seed themselves are a bit more secure, but don't
let them stay too long in wind, or most will be gone in a couple days.

Dave Evans