Re: Plants in my local area?

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Mon May 19 1997 - 18:14:00 PDT

Date:    Mon, 19 May 97 21:14 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Plants in my local area?

> From: "cadgen" <cadgen@IX.NETCOM.COM>
>
> Does anyone know where I can see plants in the wild near Northeast
> Philadelphia, PA?

   Take a look on map that shows the types habits in your area. If
it shows there is a bog near by, then you will have a good chance to
find Drosera (mostly D.rotundifolia in Penna) and perhaps Sarracenia
purpurea. If you do not have much outdoors experience, then I hope
to warn of the possible dangers of quick-sand and maybe poisous
snakes. Been close to a cotton mouth before, but we saw it before we
got too close.

Good-luck,
Dave Evans