Drosera

From: Ide Laurent (ide@arcadis.be)
Date: Wed May 21 1997 - 10:27:06 PDT

Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 18:27:06 +0100
From: Ide Laurent <ide@arcadis.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Drosera

To all

Talking about the abilities to survive of the Drosera.

Last fall I received a lot of Sphagnum, and found in it a little drosera
(rotundifolia I think).

I've put this plant in peat and wait... Finally, two new rosettes appeared IN
THE CENTER OF THE TRAP of the two remaining old leaves. A third rosette
appeared from the roots 1 cm away.

I kick myself, because I overwatered the box containing this plant ; I've put
it out in the garden to evaporate a lot and forgot it for two days... The sun
burned everything there, so the drosera itself was dry peat when I remembered
it... Sorb )-:

---

A friend has readen an article in a scientific publication, talking about plants increasing their temperature by a chemical process to be able to blossom.

Did anyone heard this somewhere... Or was it the April issue of this publication, that can I not verify.

Laurent