Bogs

From: MaxxKills@aol.com
Date: Sat May 24 1997 - 18:35:36 PDT

Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 21:35:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: MaxxKills@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Bogs

My dad said that I could make a bog in my yard.
How will I do this? Does it need full sunlight all day,
or shaded all day, or direct sunlight half day and
shade the other half? How will i make it, do i dig a hole
(how deep?)and line it with plastic with small holes in
it and then fill it up with half sphagnum peat moss and
half sand, then always keep it moist with rain water or
filtered water (what kind of filter should i use?)?

I will be growing the following cp's in the bog:
Drosera
Dionaea
Sarracenia
What else could i grow in it?

And, how would i protect it from winter.
I live in Tennessee
Thanks!