S Alata Red Lid

From: Leigh.Perkins@sset.com
Date: Wed May 28 1997 - 14:26:54 PDT

Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 14:26:54 -0700
From: Leigh.Perkins@sset.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: S Alata Red Lid

     Hi Loyd

     Thanks for the information - the seeds that I have are B.l.ssp
     Occidentalis - is it time to pay a chemist a visit, or is this stuff
     available from horticulturists?

     I was in my greenhouse the other day, and was repotting a S. Alata red
     lid (as you do). The rhizome was fairly long and the growing end had
     divided into two parts. The two heads (including about an inch and a
     half of rhizome each) were cut off and the remaining rhizome pieces
     have been potted up. The problem is that the pitchers on the
     sections that were already growing have all gone very floppy (CPers
     droop?). Is this usual after cutting and repotting? - it's never
     happened with any other of my pitchers!

     Regards

     Leigh