Re: D.brevifolia/capillaris TX

From: -Tom- (tkhayes@mail.microserve.net)
Date: Wed May 28 1997 - 13:53:24 PDT

Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 16:53:24 -0400 (EDT)
From: -Tom- <tkhayes@mail.microserve.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: D.brevifolia/capillaris TX

Mike,

> I am trying to discern between the capillaris and brevifolia that I have..
> the leaves of what I think are brevifolia seem more like a spoon, but not
> exactly.. Yet all of the flower stalks have tiny glandular hairs on them,
> which leads me to believe that they are all brevifolia.. can capillaris
> ever develop such hairs?

How tall are the flower stalks? If they are taller than 1 1/2 inches I
would almost guarantee they are D. capillaris. I don't suppose you have any
photos you could scan in and e-mail to me privately? That would certainly
take the guess work out of it!

Take care & keep on growing,

Thomas K. Hayes

DANGEROUS PLANTS