Re: CP in NJ...

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Fri May 30 1997 - 14:38:00 PDT

Date:    Fri, 30 May 97 17:38 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: CP in NJ...

> From: "Paul V. McCullough" <pvmcull@VOICENET.COM>
>
> The traps on my capillaris (?) are more egg shaped with the
> broadest section pointing to center, while the rotundifolia are rounder
> with the broadest section is perpendicular to the plant's center. Does
> this sound right? My capillaris also seems to stay green, even in
> direct sun.

Hello,

It doesn't sound perfect, but that sound much more like D.capillaris.
D.spatulata, D.montana and a couple others come to mind as well.
Most likely to be D.cap., but you will not be albe to make a 100%
ID without first seeing inside the flowers.

VFT came out of dormancy.

> showing a change I'm not sure about is the mutt ping. It's big leaves
> alway grew vertically and seemed to protect the plant center, but now
> all of the leaves are prostate, and are getting a pinkish hue on the
> outer rim. There also seems to be a change in leaf shape- more pointy
> then round.

And so has the Ping. It may flower soon. :) In winter, most Pings
(most other plants too) change their leaves. It's drier and without
more protection, they would die.

Dave Evans