Re: What is munching on my D. adelae?

From: Paul Burkhardt (burkhard@aries.scs.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 01 1997 - 08:07:40 PDT

Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 10:07:40 -0500 (CDT)
From: Paul Burkhardt <burkhard@aries.scs.uiuc.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: What is munching on my D. adelae?

Hi Neal and list,

I would probably guess fungus gnat larvae. I have actually observed them
on the surface of the soil chewing on my CP's. I believe there are certain
bacteria that you could buy which destroy their intestines, but another
list member would have to provide the details. Pyrethrin works great on
other houseplants, however I haven't ventured trying them on CPs.

Good luck,

Paul Burkhardt