Darlingtonia

From: James Tovee (106361.2125@compuserve.com)
Date: Sun Jun 01 1997 - 11:40:26 PDT

Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 14:40:26 -0400
From: James Tovee <106361.2125@compuserve.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Darlingtonia

        I have raised three darlingtonia from a TC tube. They have been
treated the same as a sarracenia. They have flowered each year after the
third year. On the fourth year they started sending runners and they have=

to be put into a wider pot to allow for this. With these runners I have
made inch long cuttings from the runner stem and tried some in normal
sarracenia compost and some in pure live spaghnum moss. The growth in the=

pure moss was very disappointing and very slow.
        This is the first time I have noticed that the flower stem keep o=
growing well after the flower has drop all its petals and faced the sky.
The stems are twice the height of when the flower opened.

        Jim Tovee