Pyrethrin on CP pests

From: Paul V. McCullough (pvmcull@voicenet.com)
Date: Thu Jun 05 1997 - 23:36:05 PDT

Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 02:36:05 -0400
From: "Paul V. McCullough" <pvmcull@voicenet.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Pyrethrin on CP pests

Tonight, I discovered tiny black dots moving around the inside of one of
my VFTs... I suppose they are mites? I also saw a tiny red spider (mite
sized) on another VFT. On closer inspection, I noticed my d. capillaris
and d. rotundifolia had captured some of the black dots, as had my mutt
ping, but these were way too small for VFTs to even notice. Although it
didn't look as though they were doing any damage to the VFTs, I decided
to hit them now in their earliest stages with a very light spray of
Schultz's Indoor bug spray (made with botanical pyrethrin from Mums).
The bottle stated that this spray would get rid of mites, red spiders,
etc.
  Right before my eyes the little critters were going belly up! Now I
just hope that my plants stay ok...
Cheers,
Paul

--