Reverse Osmosis unit

From: Paul Burkhardt (burkhard@aries.scs.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 06 1997 - 08:43:36 PDT

Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 10:43:36 -0500 (CDT)
From: Paul Burkhardt <burkhard@aries.scs.uiuc.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Reverse Osmosis unit

Dear all,

I am considering purchasing a RO unit to be installed in my kitchen. At
Lowes, a 5-stage unit costs $197. I would appreciate some advice from
members who have used such units in their homes. I would like to know if
it is worthwhile or not. Some water filter competitors claim that RO
wastes water, about 2 gallons for every gallon it produces. I am getting
tired of buying distilled water for my CPs, and our tap is not to be
trusted. Thanks in advance for any help.

Paul Burkhardt