fertilizing CP's

From: martin zevenbergen (Martin.Zevenbergen@ALGEM.PT.WAU.NL)
Date: Mon Jun 09 1997 - 07:36:58 PDT

Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 14:36:58 +0000
From: martin zevenbergen <Martin.Zevenbergen@ALGEM.PT.WAU.NL>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: fertilizing CP's

To everyone,

Are there any people with experience in fertilizing cp's with Osmocote?
Lately I saw in my local garden centre that they are selling different types
of Osmocote: for garden plants, roses and for Rhododendrons. I thought the
one for Rhododendrons might be most convenient because they too like acid
soils, like most CP's.
The composition is: NPK+MgO+ trace elements = 16:12:8:2.
I bought one package to use for Heliamphora and Sarracenia, or can I use it
for some other CP's as well (VFT, epiphytic Utric's)?

Best regards,

Martin Zevenbergen
Dept. of Plant taxonomy
Agricultural University