Need D.linearis, D.anglica, and other Drosera

From: ss66428 (ss66428@hongo.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
Date: Mon Jun 09 1997 - 20:29:58 PDT

Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 12:29:58 +0900 (JST)
From: ss66428 <ss66428@hongo.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Need D.linearis, D.anglica, and other Drosera

To all,

        I have received no positive answers yet from anyone who can send me a
flowering D.linearis in alcohol, so will post this again hoping I'll have more
luck this time. I would like to ask for a flowering D.anglica in alcohol
as well. In return I can send seeds of Brazilian Drosera, Genlisea, or Utrics.
Hope someone can help me.

        I am also interested in obtaining leaf material of several Drosera
species for my DNA sequencing studies. At the moment I have (or will have in
the near future) leaf material from Brazil, Western & Northern Australia, and
Cape Town region, but need to fill in a few gaps such as Venezuela's Roraima
region, New Zealand, Eastern Australia, Northern Hemisphere, and remainder of
Africa.
        What I need are people willing to collect live leaves, dry them off,
and send them to me. These should also be accompanied by a whole dried plant
representing each of the species from which the leaves were removed. Dubious
species or forms from complicated species (such as spatulata and capillaris)
are also welcome. Once again, I am willing to offer seeds of Brazilian CPs for
trade.

Hoping to hear from you,

Fernando Rivadavia
Tokyo, Japan