Seedling maturation

From: Pavlo2@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 10 1997 - 14:18:47 PDT

Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 17:18:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: Pavlo2@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Seedling maturation

     Hi all, I have a question concerning the development of seedlings into
the actual carnivorous plants. Currently I have seedling for D. capensis, D.
rotundifolia, P. caeulea (I think) and S. purpurea purpurea. I was just
wondering if these were infact seedlings, or just weeds. They are all about
just 3 weeks old, but look nothing like what the bigger plants do. The
drosera all look pretty much the same. They all have 4-5 roundish leaves and
are about 1 inch in height. I'm pretty sure that these are the real things,
but when will I see tentacled leaves appearing? My one P. caerulea that did
germinate, I am very doubtful on. It has a stem of nearly 2 inches with 5
oblong leaves. Is this normal development for this ping? I think this one
may just be a weed. Finally, my S. purpureas. I have about 20 of these.
 By far my best germinator ( I think because of the rather low temperatures
at which I tryed to germinate them ) The all have 2 leaves much longer than
wide, that each form an arch. Then about 2 of them have something coming up
inbetween the two leaves, that I can pretty much so make out a tiny pitcher?
 Is this the way that it works?
Thanks for all your help!

                                                                         Ryan
Pavl-vicz