Suggestions on moving a collection...

From: Michael Zenner (mvz@agora.rdrop.com)
Date: Fri Jun 20 1997 - 20:14:13 PDT

Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 20:14:13 -0700
From: Michael Zenner <mvz@agora.rdrop.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Suggestions on moving a collection...

Hello everyone.
        In the next couple of weeks, I'll be relocating from the west coast
of the US to the east coast. I am very impressed, by the way, with the
helpfulness and friendliness of the DC area (my destination) CP folks I have
contacted.

My question is: what is the best way to get my plants across?

I figure it'll be at least 4 days driving, plus another 2 days or so on each
end getting things packed/unpacked/arranged/etc. I won't have the luxury of
a large truck, most of my belongings will be shipped, but I am quite
concerned about my Sarrs (less so), Drosera (a little more so), and
Nepenthes (highly so).

I am planning to seal them in a tupperware-type container and a glass
aquarium (Nepenthes), and put them in the back of the car. Does anyone have
any advice as to how to keep the stress low?

Thanks in advance,
                -Michael

Michael Zenner mvz@agora.rdrop.com
CP-AMSEL-IA, CFI-A "Here a fool found salvation"
www.rdrop.com/users/mvz/